Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Political Gridlock

I thought this was an nice article on one of the factors that can have an effect on economic recovery.

What are people's thoughts on government gridlock? Do we think that it's better to have the government at odds with each other, so that the government institute rules that might slow recovery? Or do we think it is better for confidence if investors know what to expect?

My personal opinion is that we're always better off when the government stays out, but that's the libertarian in me, and I know it goes against classic macro economic theory.

3 comments:

  1. Dane the link does not work.

    Personally, I think it's better for investors when they know what to expect. Smart people are reluctant to put their money into something when they are skeptical.

    I would like to read that article though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shoot, just take the http// off of the link in your browser address bar.

    ReplyDelete