Thursday, April 1, 2010

Health Care

One of the struggles in health care that directly affects us after graduation is that many entry level positions do not offer health care insurance. Insurance companies will no longer be able to drop young adults from health care after the age of 19 or 23. The age will be extended to 26. To read more about this, there are two websites to check out:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/04/01/news/economy/health_reform_changes_for_uninsured_underinsured/index.htm

and

http://www.statenews.com/index.php/article/2010/03/health_care_bill_to_extend_insurance_age_limits

Does this directly affect anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I think it impacts me. My father's health insurance wanted to drop me when I became a graduate student but now, at least I think, it will have to cover me through graduate school. Although the bill is really convoluted, nothing may be what it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for me. I was supposed to be dropped after graduation, but now they are extending it until I am 26 which is nice because when I am looking for a job I don't have to worry about finding one that provides healthcare. Although it is a serious issue to consider in my job search, and the job I am currently interviewing for has great health care. I am not only concerned for myself now, but more so in the future because it could still be dropped from any job.

    ReplyDelete